Saturday, June 04, 2005

Three weeks to go!!!

I have absolutely nothing ready for this baby. I don't know if this is the way it is for other mothers but it is amazing to me that I virtually have nothing done other than today I went and bought diapers. I remember with Grace I wanted everything just right, but then you sort of realize that it might be just right for one day and then it is WING IT!!!

We have terrible water, when I say terrible I mean terrible sulfur smelling yellow water, where I live and so I have to go to the laundry mat to wash all the baby clothes. I do want to do that because I would like to them to be soft and smell good. BUT WHO WANTS TO GO TO THE LAUNDRY MAT?!!! The only nice thing about the laundry mat I go to is they have a wireless network so I can play on the computer while I sit and wait.


For baby number one my husband made a cradle. This time he isn't going to. Or at least at this point he hasn't gotten around to it. I am assuming with only 3 weeks to go it is not going to get done. He thinks that the baby can use Grace’s and my feeling is that they should each have its own. He said that since this is a boy, the boy won't care if he had a cradle of his own, Don says that it is a girl thing and that Grace will get the cradle handed down to her and she can decide if she wants to let her bother use it if he ever has children. I think that I will ask one more time and then just deal with the fact that a new cradle is not getting made.

Thank goodness for my mom being here taking care of Grace because she found the baby bottles that I need to use for a newborn.
Yet I do plan on breastfeeding once again for 6 months and my pump is broken. You might think that I would want to get that ready or at least know who I could rent one from before the baby gets here. Why rush it? What's the hurry?

I never realized how dirty carpets get with little ones. We have carpet in our dining room!! ICK!!! I'm big on not wearing shoes in the house but that is not a priority of Don's and so I just hate it when I get the carpets cleaned and people wear shoes in my house. I probably should have done this a few weeks ago because when Don's Mom and Dad return home from their mission trip... they won't take their shoes off either when they come over. I can handle the shoes a few weeks after the carpets are done but not the same or next day. At this point knowing that I am moving soon... do I clean my carpets? Once again what's the rush?

With my Grace I didn't really nest. I was on bed rest for 6 weeks before and well this time... it doesn't look like bed rest is going to happen and so I have been working. Because I'm working I think that that increases my adrenaline and I get home and I just want this done or that done... I want the cradle, I want clothes washed, I want my breast pump fixed, and I want my carpets cleaned!!!! We spent all morning cleaning today... I told my husband that every Saturday we are getting up and cleaning so that at any point that we might have to go to the hospital early the house will be good to go. My mom keeps it pretty clean through out the week, we just need to keep it that way when she leaves.

So, three weeks to go and so much to do and very little time to get everything ready for baby number two. I am working a lot to try to get some loose ends tied up before I go and then I am planning on not being gone more that eight weeks. I stayed home a bit longer with the first one but since Grandma will be here to watch the kids I think that I can go back to work and not worry. Well you always worry as a Mom but that would be the topic of another blog. Wish me luck that the laundry gets done, the carpets get cleaned, the breast pump gets fixed... and maybe just maybe a cradle will get made.

No comments: