Monday, June 20, 2005

My baby Bo Bice


This year when American Idol began my mother was staying with us four nights a week helping to watch my baby daughter. One of her favorite shows is American Idol so this meant every Tuesday and Wednesday evening our TV time was made up of American Idol tryouts, top 20, all the way down to the finals. I had never watched this show. I do enjoy Reuben Studdard and Clay Aiken but I thought that Kelly and Fantasia were too "poppy" for me.

Anyway my husband, daughter, and myself joined Grandma in the living room every Tuesday and Wednesday night to see what would happen from week to week. I liked Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, and the other blonde girl from the start. I watched it as much as I could. I found myself racing home from a bargaining session to see who was singing what or who got kicked off that week. Our family decided with about six weeks left to go who the final three would be and we were right. I was so excited that Carrie won. I think she is really talented and I hope she goes places.

Little did I notice however is how much my daughter was watching this show and paying attention to the "Rock and Roll" man... BO Bice. It seems that she was paying attention far more than I realized. As you can see by the picture she enjoys taking our toilet paper holder and using it as a microphone much the way Bo does when he sings. I don't know anywhere else that she would have picked this up from other than Bo on American Idol. Every night after her tubby she likes to grab her microphone and pretend that she is singing. Although we have no idea what she is singing about I think that I have my own little idol on my hands.

Who knew that American Idol could bring out the best in your baby... I think my girl is a born performer. Look out Idol 2020 my girl's getting ready NOW!!!

No comments: