Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Any suggestions for a name???

As I sit here wondering if I am either in labor (which would make me a month early) or just experiencing Braxton-Hicks contractions I thought that I would write to see if those of you who might read this blog have some good suggestions for a name for my baby boy.

Don and I have "narrowed" our list to 8 options. None of which I am totally excited about except for the names Charles or Patrick. Neither are favorites of Don's. As I have written before naming my children is a major issue for me. The child has to live with this name the rest of their life. Being a former teacher, there are kids with names that I remember saying to myself what was that parent thinking??? I even had a mother with a crazy name... "Hi," she said, "I'm Early May". Yes you are reading that correctly... Early May. Guess when she was born??? I was playing in an orchestra back in high school and the guest vocalist singing with us was Merry Belz. But the kicker was that her maiden name was Christmas... so her name was Merry Christmas Belz. WHAT WERE THESE PARENTS THINKING???? Wasn't the only daughter of former govenor Hogg of Texas named Ima. So her name was IMA HOGG!!! Names are issues with me can you tell...

So listed below are names we have thought of. In most cases they have something to do with family... I'm open to other options I just don't know that Don is. Any suggestions would be helpful... MAYBE.

Names

1. Donald Lee, the 3rd
2. Donald MacIntyre (he would be called Mac, this name comes from Don and then his uncle's last name)
3. Patrick MacIntyre (we would call him Pat)
4. Donald Christopher (Don's mom likes this but would prefer Christopher as the first name... I don't care to have my child named after me. It reminds me of Young and the Restless where Victor and Nikki named their children Victoria and Nicholas)
5. Bernham MacIntyre (My mom's uncle's name and Don's uncles last name... I can only think about him being Bernie Mac)
6. Charles Lee (Don's uncle's first name and Don's middle name... one of my favorites)
7. Charles Leroy (we would call him Charlie and the middle name would be after my grandfather... this is my favorite.)
8. Donald Jude (after Don and my mother, Judy, and we would call him DJ)

So there they are... the other family names are for the most part worse than any I have listed here... Albert, Arnold, Gustf, Frank, William (which I would gladly use but Don won't let me have a Will and Grace), I know there are others but I can't remember them at this time.

Well now that my pains have gone away and it is 5:30am... I have been up since 3. I better try to get another hour of sleep because I have a busy day of bargaining. Hope to hear from you about suggestions for names...

1 comment:

Holly G said...

You can actually add a poll to this if you want people to vote.

Check out my boyfriend Tom's blog -- it's at superfrankenstein.blogspot.com. He found a web site that will let you take a poll on your blog. That way you can count the votes.

Kelly