Friday, May 20, 2005

Three of the most stressful things in life...

are changing jobs, having a child and worrying about their future, and moving. My family happens to be going through all three of those items at the moment.

Don has decided to leave little ol' (hole in the ground) Beecher and move on to Rich Township High Schools to teach Chemistry. He is still waiting to hear about the head volleyball position but we are pretty sure he is going to be getting that position also. I know that he is a bit nervous. He has been in Beecher for 15 years, he has a great volleyball team with potential to go on to state, but he is greatly unappreciated as the
Technology director and as a coach so he has decided to make a move now when there are both a teaching and a coaching position available at a school close to our home. I know that he will do great, and if he doesn't like it, well he can move on at a later date. One of Don’s goals is to coach Grace if he wants to do this someday he needed to get out of a small school and get into a bigger conference and class. We would like to send our children to the LincolnWay High Schools in Frankfort or New Lenox, Home of James Augustine of FIGHTING ILLINI fame,
so hopefully someday he will have the opportunity to get into that school district so he will be able to do what he prays of... he really wants to coach his girl. (They are building a new school so hopefully that will be his chance!!) I worry that he will not like the change since he won't be doing technology and I hope that he won't ever be upset with me in encouraging him to leave Beecher. He just dislikes it there so much I hated seeing him miserable. The grass isn't always greener but he will be making more money and getting closer to his goal of coaching his girl by moving to a larger school district.

Then as you may have read the purpose of this blog is to keep stories for my kids.
Number 2 is on his way. We still do not have a name and have narrowed our choices but aren't really talking about them. I don't think Don is necessarily as stressed about having another child as I am. Being an only child I have learned in the last few years, it's not all about me. I want it to be but it's not. BUMMER. I try to remember that Don needs to come first, our marriage first, then the kids. Sometimes I'm not that great at remembering that but I try to. If mom and dad are happy then so will the kids. I have three weeks left for the baby to get here and we have done nothing. I'm currently sitting here watching Don file papers so that I know it gets done and then we are going to be out for the day, We are trying to spend as much quality time with Grace that we can prior to the baby getting here. Her world, as she knows it, is going to be knocked off it's axis. I want her to always know how special she is to me and us but you know when the next one comes along everything multiplies. Right now we are struggling because she is allergic to the grass and she sooooo loves to play outside so we are trying to find things to do with her that do not require contact with grass. Maybe we should move to Arizona...

Which leads me to our main stressful situation in our household these days... MOVING.
We have known for at least 3 months that we are going to have to move. The city that borders our land wishes to purchase the property to build a shopping area. That is fine and great. This is a fabulous opportunity to get rid of all bills, have no mortgage, and live comfortably with our two kids. The problem is too many people trying to tell us what we should or should not do, where we should or should not live, what we should or should not spend. I finally had to tell my husband that I am not going to listen to any one and if it is a place that I want to live that is all I need. He, on the other hand, wants to listen to what everyone has to say and procrastinate about making the decision. When I started my draft of this blog... we were in the middle of trying to bid on a house... I felt that family got WAY too involved. I don't mind suggestions but I do mind interference. Unfortunately, the house we placed the bid on was not meant to be ours... the owner did not want to accept our bid because we have to wait for the closing of our house. In the meantime we have continued our search and have actually found a piece of property that is on foreclosure and if it goes to sale it is almost as nice as the property I really wanted. We will do what is best for our family and hopefully our family will be there to support us, give advice, but remember that it is our home.

No comments: