Monday, July 31, 2006

Driving Wyoming I80 is BRUTAL!!!!

Well I haven't written for a couple of days so I'm going to start with the trip from Estes Park to Snowbird. Let me just say it was BRUTAL!!!!! I have never been on a more boring drive in my whole life. It is just brown nothing mile after mile. If you need gas you better make sure you have a full tank before you leave your initial destination and then if you see a place with about 100 miles still left in your tank you better get more gas because I think there were 4 gas stops through the whole state. Then to top it all of there was a horrific accident on I 80 and they closed it down. We were very thankful that we got a late start that morning because if we had been on 80 before they had the detour set up we might have been sitting for HOURS!!! It was another day of travel in the car over 10 hours. There was nowhere to stop this time so we just drove and drove.

I hear that going I 70 is much better than taking 80 the problem with that however is it is about 3 hours out of our way. I don't know, Don would like to go home that way... I don't know if I can take the extra travel.

We go to the hotel about 8:30pm and well we were quite impressed. The condo is beautiful and there seemed to be a lot to do. There was a Rock & Blues festival going on that night and Don was down at the bell check with Los Lobos but he didn't know who they were ... he cracks me up sometimes. Well... that's all that really happened on Friday... Nothing but BRUTAL traveling!!!

No comments: