Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Nebraska is not near as boring as the enterance to Colorado


I was really shocked to day when we started on our journey through Nebraska and Colorado. Driving through Nebraska is no different than driving I88 from Chicago to Sterling and or as far as the Quad Cities. It is just the same. I wasn’t bored… UNTIL I GOT TO THE ENTERANCE OF COLORADO!!! Oh my goodness there is nothing but these hills with nothing on them because they can’t plant anything because it won’t grow. There aren’t trees… there’s nothing. Maybe every 40 acres a farm but otherwise NOTHING!!!

So it was quite a day and I am once again sitting in the dark enjoying the quiet… or the silence around the snores of my husband and son, Gracie makes a sigh every now and then… I thought that I would write a short summary again of the days events so I can then get some sleep but I’m hoping we get to sleep in because it was a long day…

So here it goes…

1. Grace woke up ready to “Go to the Mountains Mom”

2. Did I mention that a guy thought I was pregnant yesterday… told that story to my Mom, she thought it was funny, told me that I did need to lose weight… oh wait that is a subject for my other blog… therapy blog as I call it… http://fnoa.blogger.com
3. The kids were really good for the first 3 hours. Maci slept and Grace watched movies. She wasn’t feeling the best today but we did ok.

4. We visited The Great Platte River Road Archway Monument which was going to be an hour stop that turned into three.
5. I have to learn not to take the kids to slow restaurants when they are really hungry. Also, I don’t like new waitresses when I’m in a hurry. They are stupid.
6. I’m knitting another Hedgehog and I had to take the whole thing out. That wasted some time.
7. Maci and Grace slept a lot today. The trip was not too bad but we were in the care for 12 hours. That is nuts.
8. Did I mention Colorado is boring!!
9. Had the worst ice cream ever at the tourist center when you enter CO. Both Grace and Don dropped their cones. Maci had a great time eating!!!
10. I was a good Mom and remembered the wipes!!
11. Visited Sterling, CO so that the kids could burn off some energy. They played a a McDonald’s playland for about an hour. (now we are 4 hours off schedule)
12. Grace had to poop so we pulled off the side of the road because there is NOWHERE to stop in CO, and she would not go. Don even tried to make a chair in his arms for her. He is such a good dad.

I had to come back a edit this because I forgot to write that it rained... and rained... and rained. Colorado is having a drought right now and it rains just for us. Isn't that nice?

13. Finally got to a bathroom and shocked this lady waiting when the WHOLE family comes out of the ladies room.
14. Did I tell you that Colorado is beautiful?
15. When we got to the town at the bottom of the mountains Grace wanted to turn the TV off and just watch the mountains.
16. Oh by the way I’m driving and I’m afraid of heights.
17. I took almost an hour to get 22 miles but boy was it beautiful.
18. Grace told us all about the mountains and that she wanted to play with the Dinosaurs, and that she was sorry that their weren’t going to be fireworks for her Dad, and that when we stay at “the hotel” she would ask for the fireworks, and well she just kept talking about nothing and then all of a sudden it was quiet. They both were asleep.
19. We got here at 9:30 mountain time, checked in, brought all our stuff to the most beautiful hotel… www.silvermooninn.com with a babbling brook right outside the door.
20. We went for a walk into town to tire the kids out again and when we returned everyone went to bed.

I can’t wait to write about tomorrow. We are just going to stay right here. We are not going to get in the car we are not going to do anything but swim, walk, shop, walk some more and then Thursday we are going to the Rocky Mountain National Park… I know that I am going to have to deal with my fear of heights but today I’m going to go to bed, get up in the morning and enjoy the scenery!!!

Have a great day where ever you are….

No comments: