Friday, July 28, 2006

Everyone's sleeping but me!!!

So we were going to leave tody by 7 yet my family is still sleepinng and I can't bring myself to wake them up. So I thought that I would finish my blog from yesterday and listen to Steve Dahl's podcast. Mac woke up at 5 with a belly ache and 3 icky diapers later he fell asleep for Don. He just wanted me to hold him while he wasn't feeling good and once that left him he just wanted his Dad. Dan and he have become thick as theives on this trip!!! They are really cute together.

I was a bit wordy yesterday but I didn't know how to shorten it, so much happened. The end of the day was not quite as adventurous as the first part of the day. When we returned to the top to begin our journey down the mountain I really had to psych myself up!! You see on the way up for the most part I was on the land side and there were only a few times where I was on the drop off side. Heading down... I could see every drop, bump, slide, and I did not like it. Don was very good to me by staying in the middle of the road when he could but I think I have new inprints on my arm rest and I think if I had been holding Don's hand I would have cut off his circulation. A couple times he tried to take my hand or started to goof a little bit. I was not happy. I wish I knew what my blood pressure was but I know that it was HIGH because I really felt dizzy when we got to the bottom. At least on the way back down ther road construction was finished for the day.

You know I was thinking... There are people who work at the Alpine Visitors Center... THEY HAVE TO DRIVE THAT CRAZY ROAD EVERY DAY!!! Do you think you get use to that ride? I just can't believe I would ever get use to it. Well to be honest I would NEVER drive the road past Rainbow Curve.

So anyway, we actually did make it to the Holiday by 6 and we were able to go to the swimming pool for a half hour, then we went down town and Miss Grace was dolled up in a little skirt, peasant top, and yes her cowboy boots. I often hope that Mac knows that we love him because she just takes so much of our time. We went to this cute little restaurant where we got to sit on the roof and eat. Mac packed in 2 helpings of Mac and Cheese and three of Don's onion rings (hense the upset belly I bet). Yesterday we didn't eat until Grace told us she was hungry. It helped her and she did not tell me half as much that her belly was hurting her.

Once supper was done we went to get a battery for the DVD player and Thank God the video is working again. Our trip today should be ok if we ever get started.

Well I think that I will close for now. Enjoy your day. I have to wake my family.

No comments: