Friday, August 04, 2006

We had a fun day at the resort



Saturday July 29 brought a lot of fun for us... it is always hectic when we are together but it was so much fun. It started with us going to breakfast and Grace throwing up her breakfast for some reason. Well I know why... Don made her put too much in her mouth... but anyway, she said her tummy was hurting her but she wanted to go swimming. We decided that we were going to stay at the resort today being our first day there we wanted to see what we could do and we were going to plan our week.

Don and Grace went swimming while I took Mac back to the room and he took a nap. When he woke up I got him ready and we went down to join Grace and Don. We swam for quite a while and found it very interesting that the pool was filled with salt water not clorine. Has something to do with the heated pool and altitude.

Anyway from there we went to the Snowbird center to see if there was anything for us to do. We found that there were several activities fun for kids. Grace got to jump in a caslte and slide down the inflatable slide. Then she REALLY wanted to jump on the bungie/trampoline jump... so we let her. She was suppose to be three but since she is only 45 days away from that and taller than a lot of 4 year olds... we went for it and she had a blast. We then walked back up the steep hill and back to out room. I could not believe how steep the hills were but we were in the mountains weren't we. There were many things to do at the resort but it was the Rock Blues festival so we decided that we would wait to do the Tram, alpine slide, and other things. It was also very hot... even in the mountains... so we decided to go to dinner and then get the kids ready for bed.

We went to a Mexican restaurant that night and we weren't too impressed. Don was getting mad at Grace for telling us her tummy was hurting her, so I sent him to the room with Mac and I got her to finish her food. While we were there, I noticed some people sitting right by us. Tobe honest I thought they were someone from IEA or NEA but nope... turns out they were two of the designers from on the the HGTV programs. No wonder I recognized them... My mom watches those shows all the time. This is possibly where I recognize them but I don't know if they were just telling me a line or what.

When we got back to the room Don had Mac ready for bed. I got Grace ready and laid with her for a few minutes and we called it a relatively early night.

No comments: