Friday, December 02, 2005

It is only SNOW



I can't tell you how frustrated I got yesterday dealing with the traffic yesterday. We had our first snow all in Chicago yesterday and you would have thought people had never driven before. It took me 35 minutes take Don to work and 45 minutes to get home. His truck is broke down and so we have been taking the opportunity to spend a few minutes without the kids, BUT 35 minutes because idiots don't know how to drive. IT IS SNOW!! You know if everyone would just slow down a little because it is snow and not drive like the streets aren't wet things would be much better. Some people drive like there is no hazzard, others drive like it were a 10 inch snow fall, and then there are people like me. I drive like there is wet pavement. I keep my distance, 2 seconds between me and the car infront of me, and I drive. I just can't tell you how much people who drive STUPID in bad weather get to me. I was NUTS about this yesterday.

I wonder if there is a difference in the way people from Chicago (this includes the suburbs) and people from downstate are taught to drive. First of all Don is the worse driver I know. Second, you know when I learned how to drive in the snow my Mom took me out on country roads and pretty much got me stuck so I would know how to get out of a drift, taught me how to drive with the car sliding on ice, and how to spin the car out into a donut. I know how to drive. In the wonderful words of Rainman..."I'm a very good driver." My ex-husband might disagree with that statement but he never let me drive so his opinion doesn't count.

Anyway, people people people... remember the next time there is snow. Don't drive like a maniac, keep ample space between you and the guy infront of you so you can stop if someone spins out, and please REMEMBER it is only SNOW!!!

No comments: