Monday, December 19, 2005

Where are the Christmas Movies??


I don't know about you but I am really having an issue with the fact that there are very few Christmas movies on this year. I have seen the standard Rudolph, Frosty, and Charlie Brown Christmas. I think three weeks ago White Christmas was on WGN but it is December 19th and why isn't there a Christmas movie on every night of the week? I even got the TV guide out of the Sunday paper to luck up what I'm missing. What happened to the days of "It's a Wonderful Life" being on every channel any night of the week for the two weeks before Christmas? There's no "Miracle on 34th Street" old, new, or made for tv special. I'm just really upset about this. Where's the "Bishop's Wife" or the "Preacher's Wife"? IF YOU KNOW WILL YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO LOOK.

The other thing I have noticed is gone are the days of the Variety Show. Martha even use to do a Christmas special. I don't think there is anything of the sort this year. No Bing Crosby, No Perry Como. Regis I think I need you to do a Christmas Variety Show. I'm really in the dumps about this today. I remember this time when I was growing up as a time my Mom and I would sit on the couch, pop popcorn and just be together. I loved watching the old movies with her and it is once again a time I remember as special. If they quit showing these movies am I going to lose that time with my daughter? My Mom is at our house 5 days a week right now and I have to honestly say I was hoping to spend time this week watching the old movies with her and the kids.

Well I guess I need to just deal with the fact that network TV is all about their weekly progamming and Christmas movies and variety shows are a thing of the past. I guess I need to buck up and buy all the old movies so that I can create my own Christmas memories with my children.

No comments: