Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The NEW Fear



So I have never been afraid of flying. I sort of like it. You get on a plane and in no more that 5 hours you can be just about anywhere in the continental United States. That was going to be my life you see... before I had kids. I was going to just fly off to places near and far and see the US and places abroad.

I must say that I am very happy that I have the alternative... Two beautiful children and a wonderful husband at home. I like being at home with them. I wish at times I didn't work so that I could be with them 24/7, but I'm not so I choose to stay home every moment I can.

In a month my cousin Lauren is getting married. It is quite exciting and we are all very happy for her... the only problem is that the wedding is in North Carolina. Now in my former life it would have been great. I would have gotten on a plane and no sweat... I'm in Raliegh-Durham for a few days and I fly home. No Sweat!! WRONG!!! I have been a basket case about it since I found out.

I don't want to get on a plane.

Statistics say that more people die on the road driving than they do flying on a plane. I know this. I have had this conversation with my best friend Tonya, who is CRAZY about getting on a plane. She has always had the fear but it is worse now that she has kids. Tonya, I am sorry I ever gave you a hard time or laughed at you...


What it was I believe is that I didn't want Don and I being on the same plane and my Mom going to the wedding also and what if something happened to all of us... I don't have my will finish
ed. (Note to self... get that done!!!) I know it won't but what if it did? Grace would barely remember me and Mac... well he wouldn't know me at all. I know that it's nuts... do all Mom's feel this way?

Anyway, we have solved the problem. Only I am going to the wedding. Don and the kids are staying home. Don may have a volleyball game anyw
ay and for as much as he wants to go with me, because as I have told him I didn't get married to go to events alone... I need him to stay home. I thought of bringing the kids with... but we would have to buy Grace a seat... This is the best solution!!!

No comments: