Friday, September 02, 2005

I'm amazed

I'm up at 4:00 am today not because I'm feeding the boy; that happened at 3. I'm not up at 4:00 am because one of my favorite shows, My So Called Life, is on. I'm up because I can't sleep; I can't believe the country we live in. I CAN'T SLEEP BECAUSE I KEEP THINKING OF THOSE IN THE SOUTH.

I can't help but wonder if we were a foreign country where our rich and famous vacation would the relief effort be greater? The babies... the babies that don't have diapers, food, formula, water, even parents. I just can't even think about it. But that's my problem, I can't help but think about them. We all need to think about them.

These people stranded at the Super Dome. Why did they put the people there in the first place? I thought it was the stupidest thing to do in the first place. Now they are moving them from the Astro Dome. One dome to the next? I just hope they get help. They NEED our help.

Our President. HE'S A FREAKING IDIOT. I'm watching him right now. Talking to Diane Sawyer. HE'S AN IDIOT. He has no idea, he did a fly by at 5000 feet and tried to act like he know, feels, their pain. When you are handed everything on a silver platter Mr. President you don't know the Poor’s pain. It often amazes me how the rich white people think that they can even think they know the pain of the poor black.

I think if I were single with know children, I would be taking my vacation to volunteer my time. Why? To make myself feel better? YES. But then last night I'm watching our local new anchor that is in Mississippi. He was told not to go to New Orleans; they don't want anyone there. If they don't want people there who is going to help. I just have this horrible feeling that the powers that be just want the people who are starving, dehydrated, living in squalor to go away. How will they go away? Die? I am afraid they are being left to die. The babies. They can't leave them to die.

I think that my tithe this week is going to the American Red Cross. I have to do something. I am one of the haves... I have to help the have nots of my own country. So I encourage all the haves to give to the have nots. I just hope it's not too late.

No comments: