Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Picking a Team


It has been forever since I have had an opportunity to write so as I sit here and watch the ALCS game between the Chicago White Sox and Anahiem Angels I thought that I might write a blog or two.

It is interesting to me the rivalry between the CUBS and the White Sox in the city of Chicago. If you are a southsider you are generally a Sox fan. If you are or northsider you are generally a Sox Fan. I did not grow up in Chicago and just growing up with my Mom I find it something that I am even interested in sports but I LOVE most sports. And well I love the Cubs, I love Wrigley Field, I love Wrigleyville, I love every part of the atmosphere around the Cubs. BUT I now live on the south side. I also feel that If you city know matter what team is winning and in the play-offs you should support them no matter where your loyalty lies. I have however also been to Sox park... the Cell, as they call it... and every time I have been there I have had more than my share of fun. I don't know if I saw one inning of play the last time I was there but it was a great time... and you can get tickets to Sox games... you don't have that luxury when it comes to the Cubs.

I never understood why people would not support their "local" teams. If you live in Illinois why wouldn't you be a Cubs/Sox, Bears, Bulls, or Blackhawks fan? I know that some loyalties might come from your parents. If your Dad grew up somewhere else and he was a fan of a certain team then you might be a fan of his team. Otherwise I don't get it.

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to go to the park I hope that we can go to both parks. I will let them choose who they want to cheer on. I just can't WAIT to hang out at the park in the summer with my family.

No comments: