Saturday, November 19, 2005

What to do with your kids for Christmas

The other day I went to this neat little story in Homewood, Art4Soul. While there I found out that they had a room for ceramics. I remember doing ceramics as a child, and Aunt of a friend of mine had a ceramic store and we would go there on Saturday afternoons and make something. Well while I was reminising I thought of something I am going to do with my kids, hopefully for every Christmas from now until well... for the rest of my life if they want to. Starting next Friday I am going to take my kids and we are going to make a plate. Grace is old enough that she can paint her plate and then we are going to put her hand on it. With Mac, this year, I will paint his plate and then we will try to put his hand on the plate but if that won't work, then we will do his feet this year.

Maybe I'm just hoping that my kids will appreciate this activity, but I know at some point in their life they won't want to do it. I DON'T CARE. I have decided this is the thing we are going to do together at Christmas and it will be a "mom thing" that the whole family will have to put up with. I know that my husband thinks I won't do this for very long but... he can think what he wants. I think it's a great idea.

No comments: