Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Top Ten songs of all time!!!

I was traveling to the state staff meeting tonight and while I was driving out of Chicago I realized how my taste in radio has changed. I no longer listen to any music. Day in and day out I listen to Pete McMurray and Steve Dahl on WCKG radio 105.9 Chicago. They even broadcast live through the internet so when I am at work or away from home I can still hear them and I never feel far from home.

So as I was traveling and losing my radio station I found myself surfing the radio stations trying to find something I could listen to for two hours. That never did happen. I channel surfed, listening to everything from Kelly Clarkson "Hazel Eyes" to Garth Brook "Two Pina Colodas". At one point one of my favorite songs of all time, "Renegade" by Styx came on some station. I was so excited when I heard the beginning notes... I played with my speaker settings to get the full affect in the SUV and I JAMMED as loud as I could take it. As I was doing this I thought to myself... What are my top 10 songs of all time. What are the few songs that when they come on the radio or if I were sitting at home what would I turn up as loud as I could and sing like I was a Rock Star? Well here is my list as of to November 8, 2005

1. Blue Collar Man - Styx
2. Freebird - Lynard Skynard
3. Renegade - Styx
4. Crazy Train - Ozzy Osborn
5. Ridin' the Storm Out - REO Speedwagon
6. Goodbye Earl - Dixie Chicks
7. Cracklin' Rose - Neil Diamond
8. Thunderstruck - ACDC
9. Wheel in the Sky - Journey
10. Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh

This has gotten me thinking what are some of my other top ten list... love songs, 70's, 80's, 90's, silly songs, disco... I think I will have to work on that...

No comments: