Friday, January 05, 2007

The SAG Awards got it right!!! almost


Since Monday I have wanted to start a letter writing campaign, starting with a blog, then a letter to Oprah telling her I feel she had committed an offence, and then anyone who would listen... HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WAS BEYONCE NOMINATED FOR A BEST ACTRESS GOLDEN GLOBE FOR DREAMGIRLS??? The only thing I can figure out is that they are just recreating the premise of the movie and totally robbing the person who deserves the credit for making this movie PHENOMENAL!!!!

Miss Jennifer Hudson is the movie. Sings her heart out, acts her heart out, but what because it's her first movie, "hasn't paid her dues" so to say... she doesn't deserve that nod? I was so upset after seeing this movie and knowing that Beyounce was put in the best actree category and Jennifer Hudson in the supporting role. That is why the SAGs got it right almost... Miss Hudson is the lead in this movie, I'm sure that there was some agreement that she would not submit her role for the lead actress nominations but... she is the lead... HANDS DOWN!!!! (Tell me how Jennifer Holliday wins the Lead Actress in a musical Tony in 1982 for playing Effie, and now the role is a supporting role?)

I went to see this movie in Country Club Hills Illinois where every time Miss Hudson sang there was applause and I think if I had turned around I would have seen people rising from their seats giving her a standing ovation for this performance.

Now I don't want anyone to think that I don't like Beyounce because I do. I think she is a wonderful performer, she has a great voice, I know that she really wanted to do this movie but she could not play the lead, she was not the lead and she does a great job in supporting this film. I didn't understand why Listen was so important when she sang it on Oprah, but seeing it in the film it is something quite special. But by doing this one song and lines that are simply supporting in character, does not make her the lead.

Ok well... now that I have that off my chest I can continue with my day. Take care.

Oh yeah... one last thing... Eddie Murphy is absolutely FABULOUS in this role!!!!

No comments: